Fulfil your dream of travelling from the north to the south coast of Alicante following this imaginary line which is famous throughout the world but which you can only follow here. Whether on foot, MTB, road bicycle or motorbike… this is something that everybody should do at least once in their life. It is a unique and truly unforgettable experience.
Travelling from Dénia to Calpe you will pass through places that you could never have imagined: beautiful footpaths, stunning scenery… this is a journey to discover the very essence of this territory.
Once your Passport has been signed at the different control points along the route, you will receive your reward. This will be strictly reserved for those who have completed the route and it will no doubt be something that you will treasure for the rest of your life. This is a real challenge. Are you going to miss out on it?
Trekking and MTB: a 44 km route, which will take 9 to 10 hours for those travelling on foot, with a net variation in altitude of 1,520 metres and a highest point of 550 metres, from where – on a clear day – we will be able to see the island of Ibiza. If you like, it is possible to start the route from La Xana railway stop and thereby save a journey of some 6 km. By doing this, it will also be possible for those wishing to do the route in two days to sleep at Pinos (km 32).
Those doing the route by MTB should know that part of the route follows some technically challenging footpaths, so previous experience would certainly be an advantage. The continuous changes in terrain will make this quite a demanding 4 hour ride.
Road bicycle and motorbikes: a stunning circular route of 150 km, with a net variation in altitude of 2,700 metres. The first few kilometres will see us reach the point where the Greenwich Meridian Route enters the province of Alicante from the sea and will help us to arrive in good condition for the steep slopes that await as we pass through the centre of Benimaurell. Are you daring enough to take on a 25% slope?
They say that there are a number of symbolic routes that motorists should do at some time in their lives: Route 66, the Arctic Circle, the Stelvio Pass… Now there is a fourth objective: the hundreds of bends will thrill you like never before. This is a trip to a territory that will truly amaze you, so get your camera ready!
– Starting point for trekking and MTB: PURE by Ø Meridiano, Dénia.
– Finishing point for trekking and MTB: Hotel Sol y Mar, Calpe.
– Control points for trekking and MTB: Llíber and Pinos.
– Sleep in Pinos: possibility of luggage transport.
– Start and finish points for road bicycles and motorbikes: PURE by Ø Meridiano, Dénia.
– Control points for road cycling and motorcycling: Castell de Castells, Xaló and Moraira.
– Transport: we can discount the cost of your TRAM ticket if you spend over € 70 at PURE by Ø Meridiano.
– If you do three different types of activity in 2 years, we will give you a discount coupon with a value of € 25 towards the purchase of any product at PURE by Ø Meridiano with a price of over € 70.
Sale of the Passport: at hotels, campsites, sports shops and agencies. If you like, you can send an e-mail to infoalicante@meridianoØ.com
Telephone: 628 940 291
To do the route and take advantage of the special offers that we can offer, you must first present your passport at the starting point at Dénia. Remember that without your passport you will not be able to claim your prize or be considered a “finisher”.